Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Forest Feast - Minimalist Cookbook Love

Erin Gleeson of The Forest Feast is not a self-proclaimed minimalist (that I know of!) but I would argue that her beautiful new cookbook could fit in perfectly on any vegetarian minimalist's shelf. It's worth buying, even if you're not the kind of person who buys many things.


Here's a little info about Erin from her About section of her lovely website:

For many years I worked as a food photographer in New York City, shooting for cookbooks, magazines, top chefs and restaurants, The New York Times Dining section, and The James Beard Foundation. I also have an MFA in photography from SVA and I taught photography to college students at The Fashion Institute of Technology for 4 years. But in the summer of 2011, my husband Jonathan’s new job prompted a move to Northern California (just south of San Francisco) where we found a lovely cabin in the woods. Inspired by local, seasonal ingredients in my weekly CSA box, I create “photographic recipe illustrations” that are mostly vegetarian and laid out visually. I hope to inspire healthy recipe ideas anyone can make- dishes that are easy enough after a long day at work, yet impressive enough for a party. For more info on me, check out this interview.

I stumbled across Erin's blog a while ago because I know her brother-in-law but then I stayed as a loyal reader for the past year and a half because her work is just magnificent. A talented photographer, artist, and chef, Erin creates vegetarian recipes from local farmers markets and CSA boxes. Then, she takes lovely pictures of everything and has a simple, beautiful, and easy-to-follow recipe.

I've cooked many recipes from her blog including Guacamole Deviled Eggs, Yam and Feta Stuffed Squash Blossoms (OMG yum), and Red Roasted Carrots. As promised, each recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious for both dinner when it's just us or when we have company.

Friday night, we made the Potato and Green Bean Salad, Yam and Feta Stuffed Squash Blossoms (with goat cheese instead of feta) AND the Guacamole Deviled Eggs. It was a Forest Feast Shabbat! And it was awesome.
Seriously, a work of art!!

If you love to cook but sometimes feel like minimalism and cooking do not love one another, check out Erin's scrumptious cookbook. I promise you will NOT be disappointed.

Erin did not ask me to write this post nor did I receive any compensation or a free cookbook for doing so. I simply love her work and want to share it with the world. Enjoy!

*Photos by Erin Gleeson for The Forest Feast*

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome cookbook!! I can definitely see this on my shelf!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, it's so pretty and the recipes are just wonderful. Easy to prep, easy to cook, look beautiful. What more could we want?!?

      Delete
  2. Thank you Allie!!! Love the idea of a Forest Feast Shabbat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a DEEElicious Shabbat!! I only wish I had taken pictures...we were too excited to eat the food. :)

      Delete