Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

No One Asks for Less

As I watched one of the few tv shows I still follow, this Verizon commercial played a few times:



And I could only think to myself, "Why the heck did I buy into this for so long?!"

The commercial isn't wrong, most people DO want more. People want more shoes, more cookies, more time, more friends, more clothes, more vacation, more food...more happiness.

But are we looking for more in the wrong places?

Now that I have stopped (mostly) buying things, I have realized how much the want for more affected my life before a few months ago. I always wanted the newest stuff because like many others, I thought it would make me happier.

Turns out, stuff doesn't make me happier. Spending time with my family and friends, reading, playing games, working out and feeling good, cooking, writing, playing guitar, and doing nice things for others makes me happier.

Do you still crave more? How do we stop craving more?

No comments:

Post a Comment